UCalgary Chemists for Inclusion, Diversity and Equity referred to as UCalgary CIDE is a Chapter of Canadians Working for Inclusivity in Chemical Sciences, Engineering, and Technology (CWIC) network. The purpose of UCalgary CIDE is to promote inclusivity, diversity and equity in the chemical sciences and engineering by connecting their members (this includes students, postdoctoral researchers, staff, faculty, or otherwise), as well as by connecting with other CWIC Chapters across Canada.
The goals of UCalgary CIDE are as follows:
- Organize smaller networking events (e.g., coffee meetings) to promote interaction and exchange within the chemical sciences and engineering at the University of Calgary.
- Organize professional workshops and seminars aimed at career development. This could include inviting individuals from the fields of academia, industry, education, government, or others, to talk about their career paths and opportunities.
- Enhance visibility of minorities and increase diversity through the representation in the events listed above.
- Provide information and resources on funding opportunities, and career guidance to women and other minorities in the chemical sciences and engineering.
- Increasing diversity by inviting speakers for workshops, seminars etc. with a diverse background.